Monday, March 16, 2009

GOD CHOOSES, MAN OPPOSES


Caption: FINDING MOSES
Hymn: What a mighty God we serve
Reference: Exodus 21
Importance: Across to deliverance
Story: Modern Moses
Testimony: Roman Protestant
Yes, I want to see, feel and hear Christ in everything I see, feel and hear. I am now not looking for goals, responses, landmarks or to impress anybody, but I am sincerely seeking the Lord in everything I do. If you look at the beginning of every alphabet that goes in giving me a format of my writings and put them together and you will find CHRIST written in all capitals. God is good and His ways are not mysterious to me any more as a seeker but a revelation of His mighty plans unfolding. By now I am so convinced that when Moses and his people were graced by a cloud, the same God is still making modern day Moses and is still gracing us today.
From Darkness To Light:Ex 10:23
No one could see anyone else or leave his place for three days. Yet all the Israelites had light in the places where they lived.
The Financial crack is just deepening, the economic meltdown is even reflecting in the begging bowl. The stock markets are down. Hallelulia, to those who are truly blessed and saved from the financial plagues and are looking for better business opportunities. The promises of the Lord has not changed for any one of us even today. Amidst all the Global crisis the Light is still recieved in homes unaffected by what's going on in the outside world. When many less fortunate may ask us just as they asked Moses, "What is his name?" God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." This was about two thousand years ago when the Lord called, "Moses, Moses", today the Lord is calling each one of us by our names, and is telling us, "I AM WHO I AM." And as I have promised to bring you out of misery to a land flowing with milk and honey.
When we left Gurgaon, we paid our last visit to Pastor Pappu Thilak and family. He prayed over us and I still crisply remember his last words to us that if he could only spend some more time with us, he would release us like a pair of doves, he prayed for us and then we left. We left with all our belongings in a truck and since we were not sure of safety of the belongings in the truck, we sat in the truck along with the driver.
While we slept through the entire over night journey, Pastor Thilak and his wife Liny were restless all through the night, they could not imagine us traveling the entire journey in a goods truck along with the kids. I and the kids were fast asleep; I thought my husband must have been awake to keep a watch on the driver, and since he was to begin his first day of work that day, I asked if he got a chance to take a nap. To my amazement he told me that he too was fast asleep and he had no clue if the driver was sleeping or not. The moment it was close to dawn we touched our destination, and we halted the truck, at that very moment we received a call from Liny asking us if we were safe. Believe you me that was one of the most pleasant journeys we ever had. If I really get a chance to meet that truck driver again to find out if he too was taking a nap along with us.
We kept in touch with Pastor and his family over the phone and via emails and every Friday we would plan to visit them in Gurgaon, but kept postponing as the journey back will be too tiring. After a few months of working we managed to buy a luxury car, and we wanted to drive back to Gurgaon to meet Pastor and his family, but another overnight journey, just even thinking of it we postpone it again.
In February, we got a call from PastorThilak that he was coming over along with his family and brother sometime in March. He requested if we could have the Prayer Meeting at out house and then they would attend Church and leave immediately. We were very excited and starting counting the days of his arrival, since event planning has still not left my system. I wanted to plan the best ever event I have ever done in my life. So I started designing cards, I researched the Bible for some impressive quotes, fine tuned my designing skills, whilst getting more creative with my abilities in wanting to make it look different and exciting since the Church we are attending needed an awakening.
We got to know that the Pastor of the Church Mr B T John had expired recently; his wife had gone abroad to be with her children and so the elders of the Church were now the care takers. Every meeting we had with the Church, we felt more burdened, some messages given by the elders were terribly misleading, some went way above the head. I remember telling one of elders is that we need to feel lighter after coming to church but he gracefully ignored my request. I could not discuss this heavy feeling with my husband who had just accepted Jesus Christ as his savior, but I tried my best to keep encouraging his efforts in at least visiting the Church and to ignore what he can’t accept and to work on his new found strength.
We informed all the elders about Pastor Thilak's arrival, and they were also overjoyed with his coming and they started asking me more about Pastor and his brother. Finally I called Liny and asked her which of the brothers is Pastor coming with and while she was telling me the story, I was shaking from within.
Pushpan Thilak is one of the eldest brothers of the Thilak family and he was also the first in the family, neighborhood, in the village and in the city to accept Jesus Christ. He is now living abroad with his wife who is Finnish, and his children are all grown up and he is also a gifted speaker invited by many Churches. Pushpan was baptized in the Church we are visiting by Mr B T John the founder member of the Church, and will be in India and one of his visits is to pay his respects.
Something within me was telling that this is God’s plan for me. When I studied the book of Exodus, it makes me think of Pastor Thilak as today's Moses, Pushpan as Aaron and of course we are His people. For me Gurgaon was my final choice, but we moved out from there. It was in Gurgaon that materialistically was the biggest hole in my pocket, but meeting Pastor Pappu spiritually fulfilling. The meeting with Pastor Pappu and family was not just accidental, miraculous. Our moving out was a part of Gods plan and not ours. Our plans to give Pastor Pappu and family a surprise visit, not so surprising never worked out. Finally this brother Pushpan whom out of the blue had been baptized from the same Church that we are visiting is just a yardstick away from my new house, will be soon visiting us. And last but not the least Pastor Pappu is the youngest of the Thilak family and was encouraged by Pushpan his elder brother into the faith have now finalized their plans to come over is not just coincidental.
This time I will be a witnessing the biggest event of my life as my husband has been contemplating his baptism versus Pushpan a man who was baptized almost half a century ago come face to face and Pastor Pappu who continues to endure in the Holy Spirit all under one roof. None of us have made these plans as it is not possible for each of us to come together at any given point of time.
My creativity is now captured in the form of invitational cards and inside it I added a few more pages of Pastor Pappu’s testimony. I have just realized that I am no great event planner, probably the worst planner but when the Almighty calls all things fall into place, for God is the greatest event planner. I dont have to worry any more if I am sequencely right or biblically correct, but I surely do know that I will be significantly right because I believe that the Lord helps me to speak and will teach me what to say. God is still sending modern day Moses and Aarons empowering them with His words to reach out to people like who are threatened by circumstancial plagues to a land flowing with milk and honey.
Praise be to our Lord for His love endures forever!!

No comments: